Friday, September 9, 2011

fall is in the (morning) air!


September...rain has been about all we have seen for a week - my daughter Sophia said just yesterday as the clouds began to break, 'wow - blue sky!'. I love the clear blue autumn skies - and they are in our forecast for the coming week, thank goodness. Nights are in the 60's, early mornings a bit foggy and cool. Days in the high 70's and low 80's - you can't get better apple picking weather!

Carter Mountain Orchard has been really working hard all summer - the peaches were the best ever, I am sorry to see them go - but the APPLES! Gala, Jonagold, Mcintosh - I don't think I have a favourite, til the Pink Ladies in October anyway. Morning crepes are now drizzled in Caramel Apple sauce, and the smell of gingerbread in the kitchen at dawn is so cozy. I am sure it won't be long til the hot cocoa requests are coming in...which leads me to my dream October kitchen purchase: a new cappuccino machine! Frothing milk for hot cocoa and lattes makes me happy, and I hope it will make our guests happy too.

Now, if we could just move a little faster to the crisp nights so we can light the fireplaces!

No comments: