Monday, April 21, 2008

this weekend...and more

Getting ready for this Saturday - we are having our first - of what we hope will be - annual Spring Herb Festival. So far, considering it's our first attempt at this, it seems like it will be a wonderful day! A good amount of local vendors, lots of people calling and asking for directions and information...I hope we have at least 100 people turn out...in the fall, we'll do another one, focused a bit more on herb/plant/garden crafts - dried stuff I hope, jams, etc.

Also started plans for a 'Locavore Picnic Dinner'...not sure if I should do it on the 4th of July (it is SUCH a fun, classic, small-town day complete with parade and great fireworks over the river) or a day that won't already be loaded with fun...I am an excellent grill cook, and I love to smoke brisket, ribs, etc - AND we have a couple of wonderful local grass-fed beef producers, and of course Polyface farm is close by, and I get free-range chickens starting in May from a neighbor. I am sure the menu will be good - plenty of local wine and beer too! Maybe a table with community specialties? Giovanni is always cooking something wonderful, and Meredith makes an amazing eggplant dish to eat with fresh bread...the more I think about it, the better it sounds.

No comments: